1.__________(know) basic first-aid techniques will help you respond quickly to emergencies.
2.Volunteering gives you a chance __________(change) lives, including your own.
3.The airport __________(complete) next year will help promote tourism in this area.
4.I stopped the car __________(take) a short break as I was feeling tired.
5. __________(stay) warm all night, I would fill the woodstove, then set my alarm clock for midnight so I could refill it.
6.Helen had to shout __________(make) herself __________(hear) above the sound of the music.
7.My advisor encouraged me __________(take)a summer course to improve my writing skills.
8.The man insisted on __________(find) a taxi for me even though I told him I lived nearby.
9.The news reporters hurried to the airport, only __________(tell) the film stars had left.
10. Having been ill in bed for nearly a month, he had a hard time __________(pass) the exam.
11.Many buildings in the city need repairing, but the one __________(repair) first is the library.
12. According to a recent U.S survey, children spend up to 25 hours a week __________(watch)TV.
13. The flu is believed __________(cause) by viruses that like to reproduces in the cells inside the human nose and throat.
14.Mrs. Smith warned her daughter__________(drive) after drinking.
15. George returned after the war, only__________(tell) that his wife had left him.
16. I remembered __________(lock) the door before I left the office, but forgot to turn off the lights.
17. The discovery of new evidence led to the thief__________(catch).
18.More attention should be paid to__________(prevent) our oceans from__________(pollute).
19. Having a trip abroad is certainly good for the old couple, but it remains __________(see)whether they will enjoy it.
20.—How do you deal with the disagreement between the company and the customers?
—The key to __________(solve) the problem is to meet the demand __________(make) by the customers.
21. Susan wanted to be independent of her parents. She tried __________(live) alone, but she didn’t like it and moved back home.
22. __________(expose) to sunlight for too much time will do harm to one’s skin.
23. In some parts of London, missing a bus means __________(wait) for another hour.
24. With a lot of difficult problems__________(settle), the newly-elected president is having a hard time.
25.Once your business becomes international,__________(fly) constantly will be part of your life.
26. No matter how bright a talker you are, there are times when it’s better __________(remain)silent.
27. —Mum, why do you always make me eat an egg every day?
—__________(get) enough protein and nutrition as you are growing up.
28. Having finished her project, she was invited by the school __________(speak) to the new students.
29. I really appreciate __________(have) time to relax with you on this nice island.
30.Paul doesn’t have to be made__________(learn). He always works hard.
31. We agreed __________(meet) here but so far she hasn’t turned up yet.
32.Tom took a taxi to the airport, only__________(find) his plane high up in the sky.
33. —What do you think made Mary so upset?
—__________(lose) her new bicycle.
34. She looks forward every spring to__________(walk) in the flower-lined garden.
35. Go on __________(do) the other exercises after you have finished this one.
36. We’ve had a good start, but next, more work needs __________(do) to achieve the final success.
37. Today we have chat rooms, text messaging, emailing… but we seem __________(lose) the art of communicating face-to-face.
38.This machine is very easy__________(operate). Anybody can learn to use it in a few minutes.
39. If he takes on this work, he will have no choice but __________(meet) an even greater challenge.
40. China recently tightened its waters controls near the Huangyan Island to prevent Chinese fishing boats from __________(attack) in the South China Sea.
41. The difference in thickness and weight from the earlier version makes the iPad 2 more comfortable__________(hold).
42. It is no use __________ (argue) with Bill because he will never change his mind.
43. __________(sleep) late in the morning, Bob turned off the alarm.
44. One learns a language by making mistakes and __________(correct) them.
45.Sandy could do nothing but__________(admit) to his teacher that he was wrong.
46. Mr. Reed made up his mind to devote all he had to __________(set) up some schools for poor children.
47. Tom asked the candy makers if they could make the chocolate easier __________(break)into small pieces.
48. If they win the final tonight, the team are going to tour around the city __________(cheer)by their enthusiastic supporters.
49.Tony was very unhappy for not__________(invite) to the party.
50. I would love __________(go) to the party last night but I had to work extra hours to finish a report.
51.It’s important for the figures__________(update) regularly.
52. I don’t want __________(sound) like I’m speaking ill of anybody, but the manager’s plan is unfair.
53. He got well-prepared for the job interview, for he couldn’t risk __________(lose) the good opportunity.
54.Passengers are permitted ________(carry)only one piece of hand luggage onto the plane.
55. __________(find) out more about university courses, call (920) 746-3789.
56. I send you 100 dollars today, the rest__________(follow) in a year.
57. He hurried to the station only__________(find) that the train had left.
58. I really can’t understand you__________(treat) her like that.
59.The parents suggested __________(sleep) in the hotel room but their kids were anxious to camp out during the trip.
60. __________(improve) the employees’ working efficiency, the supervisor will allow them to have a coffee break.
61.Chinahas promised to revise its existing regulations and __________(form) new policies according to WTO requirements.
62. —The last one __________(arrive) pays the meal.
63. In many people’s opinion, that company, though relatively small, is pleasant__________(deal)with.
64. When asked why he went there, he said he was sent there __________(train) for a space flight.
65. The children talked so loudly at dinner table that I had to struggle __________(hear).
66. That is the only way we can imagine__________(reduce) the overuse of water in students’ bathrooms.
67. You can’t imagine what difficulty we had__________(walk) home in the snowstorm.
68. —Do you feel like __________(walk) there or shall we take a bus?
—I’d like __________(walk). But since there isn’t much time left, I’d rather you took a taxi.
69. I can’t stand __________(work) with Jane in the same office. She just refuses__________(stop) talking while she works.
70. Eugene’s never willing to alter any of his opinions. It’s no good __________(argue) with him.
71. Energy drinks are not allowed__________(make) in Australia but are brought in from New Zealand.
72. __________(make) this cake, you’ll need 2 eggs, 175 g sugar and 175g flour.
73. Isn’t it time you got down to__________(mark) the papers?
74. It remains __________(see) whether Jim’ll be fit enough to play in the finals.
75. After he became conscious, he remembered__________(attack) and hit on the head with a rod.
76. It took a long time for the connection between body temperature and illness__________(make).
77. I had great difficulty __________(find) the suitable food on the menu in that restaurant.
78. If you think that treating a woman well means always __________(get) her permission for things, think again.
79. As the twentieth century came to a close, the raw materials for a great national literature were at hand, waiting __________(use).
80. Mr. Green stood up in defense of the 16-year-old boy, saying that he was not the one__________(blame).
81. It is difficult to imagine his__________(accept) the decision without any consideration.
82. He hurried to the booking office only__________(tell) that all the tickets had been sold out.
83. I hear they’ve promoted Tom, but he didn’t mention __________(promote)when we talked on the phone.
84. We were astonished __________(find) the temple still in its original condition.
85. I like getting up very early in summer. The morning air is so good __________(breathe).
86. —Did the book give the information you needed?
—Yes. But __________(find) it, I had to read the entire book.
87. I feel greatly honored __________(welcome)into their society.
88. The message is very important, so it is supposed __________(send) as soon as possible.
89. __________(complete) the project as planned, we’ll have to work two hours a day.
90. The children all turned __________(look) atthe famous actress as she entered the classroom.
91. Bill suggested __________(hold) a meeting on what to do for the Shanghai Expo during the vacation.
92. David threatened __________(report) his neighbour to the police if the damages were not paid.
93. __________(complete) the project in time, the staff were working at weekends.
94. With the world changing fast, we have something new __________(deal) with all by ourselves every day.
95. Nowadays people sometimes separate their waste to make it easier for it __________(reuse).
96. I still remember __________(take) to the Famen Temple and what I saw there.
97. We are invited to a party __________(hold) in our club next Friday.
98. Schools across China are expected to hire 50000 college graduates this year as short-term teachers, almost three times the number hired last year, __________(help) reduce unemployment pressures.
99. The play __________(produce) next month aims mainly to reflect the local culture.
100. __________(be) awinner, you need to give all you have and try your best.
101. His first book __________(publish) next month is based on a true story.
102. There were many talented actors out there just waiting __________(discover).
103.I have a lot of readings __________(complete) before the end of this term.
104. With Father’s Day around the corner I have taken some money out of the bank __________(buy) presents for my dad.
2. to change
3 . to be completed
4 . to take
5. To stay
6 .to make; heard
7. to take
9 .to be told
11. to be repaired
13. to be caused
14 .not to drive
15. to be told
16. to lock
17. being caught
18. preventing; beingpolluted
19 .to be seen
22. Being exposed
24. to settle
26. to remain
27. To get
28 .to speak
30. to learn
31 .to meet
35. to do
36. doing/to be done
37 .to lose
38. to operate
39. to meet
40 .being attacked
41 .to hold
43 .To sleep
48. to be cheered
49 .being invited
50 .to have gone
51 .to be updated
52 .to sound
54. to carry
56 .to follow
57 .to find
60. To improve
61 .to form
63 .to deal
64 .to be trained
65 .to be heard
66 .to reduce
68 .walking; to walk
69 .working; to stop
71. to be made
72. To make
74. to be seen
75. being attacked
76 .to be made
79. to be used
80. to blame
82 .to betold
83 .being promoted
84. to find
85. to breathe
86. to find
87 .tobe welcomed
88. to be sent
89 .To complete
90. to look
93 .To complete
94. to deal
95. to be reused
96 .being taken
97 .to beheld
98. to help
99. to be produced
100 .To be
101. to be published
102 .to bediscovered
103 .to complete
104 .to buy